Program Stream offers general operating support to arts organizations and arts programs with an established history of support from the Pennsylvania Council on the Arts. The aieNEPA administers Program Stream in Lackawanna, Luzerne, Susquehanna, Wayne, Pike and Wyoming counties on behalf of the Pennsylvania Council on the Arts (PCA), as a regional partner of the Pennsylvania Partners in the Arts (PPA) program.
Program Stream is an invitation-only grant opportunity for organizations that have a history of Project Stream funding from the Pennsylvania Council on the Arts. To qualify for Program Stream, applicants must have multiple years of Project Stream funding, be a nonprofit organization incorporated in and conducting business in Pennsylvania, have consistent arts programming, and receive good assessments from the Project Stream review panels. Organizations are notified by the PCA or a PPA Partner that they have met the eligibility requirements and are invited to apply to the PPA Program Stream. Once admitted to this funding program, Program Stream grantees receive consistent operating support in 3-year cycles.
PPA Program Stream Goals
- Expanding constituent access to the arts by (a) making arts programs available to communities that may have been underserved in thepast by state arts funding, and (b) supporting a wide variety of arts activities in communities, developed in a variety of local settings.
- Encouraging and supporting local decision making in regranting of arts dollars.
- Increasing awareness of and advocacy for government support and funding for the arts at the local and state levels.
- Enabling the PCA to provide increased assistance to its broad constituency throughout the state.
- Capital expenditures, including equipment costing $500 per item or more;
- Activities for which academic credit is given;
- Activities that have already been completed;
- Activities that have a religious purpose;
- Performances and exhibitions not available to the general public;
- Performances and exhibitions outside Pennsylvania;
- Cash prizes and awards;
- Benefit activities;
- Hospitality expenses — i.e. receptions, parties, gallery openings;
- Payments to lobbyists;
How to Apply
For application due dates, please reference the calendar listed here.